The eMIC (Extended Mic Stand Interface Controller) is an interface designed for vocal performers it consists of a standard microphones stand and is fitted with a number of sensors and controllers. The primary goals were to allow the vocalist a greater degree of control over the processing of their voice during performance. The eMIC consists of a standard microphone stand. It has —
- An industrial joystick on the top of the stand.
- Pressure sensors attached to the mic holder.
- Slide sensors on the side of the stand shaft.
- Distance sensors on the joystick casing at the top of the stand.
- 3 toggle switches at the top of the stand on the joystick casing.
- A tilt sensor in the base of the stand.
- A pressure sensor for the foot located on the base of the stand.
- 3 toggle switches on the base of the stand.
Donna Hewitt: designer
Ian Stevenson: designer